Friday, October 3, 2008

About This Blog

Since this is my first post, let me note that my objective with this blog is to summarize and digest the consensus view of economists on various topics. Then I'll try to explain that view in clear language. This being economics, I anticipate that I'll often fail at the "clear language" part. But I'll do my best.

I try to avoid having a partisan agenda, but when a politician is wrong about basic economics, I'll try to say so. I don't consult for banks or oil companies or interest groups or political parties. I'm paid by the University of Utah. So, I'm a public servant, but one who doesn't have to run for re-election. (Plus I have tenure, so I could even make my boss at the U mad if I felt like it.)

I'm also going to try to focus on Utah issues. There are a lot of other great econ blogs out there, and so Utah-related stuff is my comparative advantage.

No comments: